Thursday, December 29, 2005

Reflection: July - September (2005)

July
This month came on to me as a very busy month… both physically and mentally…

It was a physically busy month as I have got to rush up with my school work… from minor stuff like meeting up with schedule for class… till the submission of projects…

Especially for my major project… so many things to pass up during the month of July! Oh man… during this month, I have been leaving my home at about 0700hrs… stayed in school till up to about 2200hrs… simply more than 12hrs… but, as compared to the past and now, I would rather do what I did… staying in school… and getting things done… at least I still have the company of my friends… ;)

Aside with major project… there were lots of submissions for both my other 2 core subjects… namely, Enterprise Application Development (ENAD) and Distributed Systems and Connectivity (DSCN)… all the submissions coming at almost the same time!!! Its definitely a great experience of what time constraints is back then…

Now, as for the mentally exhausting part… unfortunately, it’s all about emotions again…

This part, which I have never mentioned in my previous Reflection posting, is that, I have fallen deeply in love with someone… alright… this person rejected me, but still, I am having this one-sided love affair with her… in Chinese, we call it, “一厢情愿” …

I am foolish on my part making this relationship as a one-sided affair matter… but still, somehow, I thought I would stand a chance in it… but, I was proven utterly wrong! It makes me feel so stupid… doing everything which is fruitless… but still, I did it… till now, I would say, I have no regrets in doing all that I have done… just that there is a small regret within the process… that is, I have tarnished my friendship with this person…

Oh well, to her, it seems meaningless… whether things carry on as the same as before… or changes… but, to me, it meant everything~

I went as far as to announcing that I have no longer any desire to be going into a relationship(which I still stand-by this decision till today)… hahaha…

Looking back at what I have done… it is really silly… but, still, the actions I did was justifiable… as I have never fell so madly in love with someone before… *grinz*

August
It has always been the same… started out the month with celebrations over Singapore’s birthday… I have always love celebrating it… always making me feel so much patriotic than the other months…

I remember that this year was slightly more different than the rest… I spent the start of the day, National Day itself, driving around… as this year was the year for showcasing the all the defenses’ vehicles, which is done every five years once, quite a number of the roads around the city area is closed… that resulting me in making quite a number of detours while trying to get to my destination… during normal times, I just need take a 20minutes drive down to Suntec… but, due to the detours, I took about more than an hour to reach the place!!! Hahaha…

The month also came on as quite emotional for me… not in the area of relationship… but, in terms of friendship…

This was so as the start of the month actually marks the end of the office term I held in my previous club, Information Technology Studies Club. This “end of office term” ended with a nice chapter… as we have won the Best Constituency Club of the Year 2004/2005… which is very nice! The only time which IT School won this title was back when Applied Science and Information Technology Schools shared the studies club… known as ITAS(Information Technology and Applied Science) Studies Club…

It was so significant as it also shows that the school, Temasek Polytechnic itself, appreciates all the efforts the committee members have contributed… feel so nice when I heard the news of our achievement… at least, now, I can tell people to take a look at the achievement board… which I left my name in it! *ooops* at least the club’s name lah… *grinz*

Like the previous months… this month was also no exception to matters relating to the heart… shall skip mentioning about it this month as I am afraid readers might just go, “Aiyah… here aArOn goes again… talking about nonsense…” *grinz*

September
Weee!!! ¾ of the year! Hahaha… the month started out with the most crucial timing of my polytechnic life… that is the presentation of my major project!

Worked on this project for the past 2+months… it was the brainchild of Elvin’s idea… working on it did pose lots of difficulties… as Mingsui and I are both unsure of the happenings in the photo industry, that’s what the main theme of the project is about, we have just got Elvin to rely on…

There were struggles throughout the different phases of the project… started out with the planning… to its execution… till the completion of it… each phase, carries the blood and sweat from the three of us!

Lucky enough for all of us, we did eventually complete this project… or, shld I say, 90% done… 10% was left “hanging in the air”… hahaha… how come? Coz of my laziness!!! *bleahz*

Looking back then, it was really fun working with the two of my major project group mates… we got to know each other better through the work process and started to appreciate each other better… due to the major project, Elvin also got his new laptop… hahahaa… which is what Mingsui and I have been encouraging him to do so… *grinz* (Elvin… must thank us leh… for urging you to get the laptop… hahahaha….)

Ultimately, the project presentation went quite okay… but, I remember that my module did ended up with some errors… due to the hasty integration process… but, no choice… poor time management from me! :X

Ok… studies aside… this was also the month whereby I get to know more friends well… we started going out till late in the night… or, should I say, very early in the morning… hahaha…. They are Eric, Yong hon and Jason… we were like always going out till the wee hours… its usually for supper… if not, just a chill out session between the guys… But, before going for supper or the chill out session, we will always play games online till very late… hahaha… that is why, we could only afford to come out that late… ;)

I remember doing silly things during this month too… silly things like replicating a whole 24-CDs Korean series show, which I brought to India to watch…, for someone… but, in the end, didn’t get to pass it to her as she have already gotten herself one copy… hahaha… besides this, I also went on to going Sim Lim Square, wearing one sleeveless t-shirt… which is pretty run down already… aiyo! So damn paiseh… but, no choice, I needed to visit the place to get my CDs for the replicating process… was just so gan jiong… hahaha… (I still can remember myself feeling so paiseh… gotta work pass the crowd at Sim Lim Square… if I didn’t remember wrongly, it was still a Sunday somemore! *wah lao…* =X)

Oh, before I forget to mention, this month also came along whereby I needed to make a big decision… that is to go for an overseas attachment, which is where I am now… or, to stay in Singapore with my Internship Programme… I guess everyone knows about my decision of the former than the latter… that explains why I am in India now… HAHAHA…

Alright, that basically is the end of this posting… can’t think of anymore… *weehee*

(Shall end my ¾ of the year here! )

No comments: