Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Reflection: January - March (2005)

January
January marks the second term of my second year of studies in Temasek Polytechnic… back then, I was really really engrossed with both my work, at Chan Brothers(working early in the morning and late at night) and my club matters(was the then-Honorary Secretary of Information Technology Studies Club…). Club matters includes heavy involvment in the planning phase for the upcoming event, Temasek Polytechnic Open House. At that time, i was really appreciative to my ex-girlfriend for being so patient and understanding, though there were times we quarreled with regards to my commitments over our relationship, it was really hard for her as I was her pillar of support.. this was exceptionally the case as she was facing some problem with her studies and such..

February
February came along with likes of workload which i was facing in the 1st month of 2005. This time round the workload was even more for me to handle… firstly, my studies… it was when all the projects started to create a bottle-neck style of submission dates… all coming at once… secondly, my club matters… especially when events were drawing near… both the Open House preparation and Honorary Secretary workload… lastly, my relationship…

lets talk point by point… starting off with the first matter, my school work… things were really very bad… but, lucky enough for me, I was in the same tutorial group with one of my caregroup mate, Mingsui… most of our projects during my second semester in year 2 was practically done with her… we were there to support each other whenever needed… in terms of school work… well, she is one who I will define as hardworking… though, I think I am clever-er than her… wahahah… but, like what I said, with her attitude on working hard, she was able to excel better in terms of results than I do… yeah… I was plain lazy back then… not as if I am more hardworking now… but, at least better than the past… *grinz* I can still practically remember us trying to complete our web-based application, a.k.a. WBAD, together… working throughout the night… especially till the actual submission of the project… oh man… it was a killer subject, I would say… firstly, my tutor just simply can’t teach… secondly, my lecturer can’t speak… how to work like that!? Hahaha… ridiculous… it was also this semester when I get to know Jason Tiang, another buddy friend of my… hahaha… we just crap with each other throughout the whole semester…

Now, for the second point, my club matters… as I have mentioned… planning of the Open House got underway concurrently with the run of my school work… though its not my first time planning for such a big event, there were still many problems which cropped out during the phase of planning. We were expected to make plans for the event from a zero budget status… totally no money subsidized from the school… so, I would say, it is a very tough job… but, with help coming from our back then club chairman, Mr. Victor Foo, things started to turn well… besides Mr. Foo, there was also Mr. Vijayan rendering whatever help we needed… lets not forget about the sub-committee volunteers who accommodated to our demands… especially Yvonne and Darren, who spent their time helping us with the planning of the event, they were the co-organizers of the event selected by Mingsui and I, lastly, my main committee members for giving me a helping hand whenever needed… the event wouldn’t have turned out to be a success if any of the people mentioned above were missing… they definitely played an integral part in the every success enjoyed with the completion of the event…

Lastly, my relationship… it was my very first time spending my Valentine’s Day(14th Feb) with my girlfriend… errr… not talking about my ex-girlfriend only… but, it was my first time spending the 14th Feb. with a girl(for the past few years.. i will just stay at home and be accompanied by my computer...). I would say, it turned out pretty well… although in the end of the day, there were some issues that cropped up, making the day end with a scar on it. 2 days after the Valentine’s Day, my relationship took a very big turn around… just the day before, she told me everything will turn out fine… but, now, she is actually asking for a break-up… how did all these happened? I have simply got no idea at all… maybe it was due to my packed schedule… maybe just simply was that I took her for granted… ? well, whatever the real reason is, the decision she make, definitely shattered every bit of my heart… Did it really hurt me that much? Yes, it really did… it hurts so much that I almost lost my self-esteem when I tried all out to get what I lost… but, ultimately, I got hold of myself… that took me a great effort… it was my fifth failure in relationships… and, it ain’t really easy to pick yourself up after failing so many times…


March
Next up was March… things turned out much better than the previous month… tasted the fruits of success from the months of planning for the Open House event… so much preparations done… still remember that planning for the event took place till late at night in school… if I didn’t remember wrongly, it was about 2000hrs before we decided to call it a day with the planning… experiencing what was known as “heavy planning”… hahaha… but, it was all worthwhile in the end… everyone enjoyed themselves… school guides making new friends among their peers and of course, with the visitors of the school…

Unfortunately for me, the end of the event did not really mark the end of work for me. This was so as planning for the Orientation Leader Camp, which was suppose to be held on May, started to get on the way, which means, there were loads of paper work to be done and completed with… these includes proposals, heavy planning and also, minutes for meetings!!!

Besides club matters taking place, I was also scheduled for final submissions of projects for the different subjects… subjects ranging from Web-based Application Development, Graphics User-Interface and Software Engineering… so many many work to be done… back then, how I wished the time was able to stop for me to work on the projects… ;)


Basically, this is how i spent the 1st quarter of 2005... :D

No comments: