Sunday, November 13, 2005

weekend #2

2nd weekend in Chennai… hmmm… time passes quite fast wor… which is of my liking… heehee…!

Anyway, been a no life in Chennai… so, if you are wondering what can be done here, let me tell you… basically, its slp, wake up, bathe, go work, work, lunch, work, wait for taxi, home, bathe, go online, iron clothes, slp… and the cycle continues… basically, my life in Chennai only evolves around work… hahaha… totally, if you notice, there isn’t any much entertain… only the going online part… that’s the only thing I depend on in bring entertain to my life… brightening it up… but, sometimes, I don’t get the type of entertainment needed to fulfill myself up… (oh plz… if you are thinking that type of “entertainment” as serving adult websites, u are ought to be shot!) *sigh*

For the second week, many things happened… starting from one of my flat mate fell sick during the weekend… and, the virus mutated… spread to his room-mate then, to my room-mate… my room-mate’s case was quite serious till he needed medical attention… was accompanied with our Training officer, who happens to be the Asst. Vice President of the department, and an admin staff, I think… hmmm… the place is pretty run down, but, still, it is okay for a hospital bah… it least there are ample manpower around… in fact, for a hospital of its size, it seems to me that they have so many different doctors… a lot of them somemore… can you imagine? The size of a 3 story building, having around 30-40 doctors? Impressive… :D

Next thing to mention is the rain… as I have always concluded, the weather at Chennai is really very unpredictable… the place can be filled with sunshine and the next moment, rain! Really really unpredictable… unlike Singapore’s… still will show u the dark dark sky first… before raining… here, even there isn’t any dark clouds, it can automatically rain… just like a tap… as and when you turn it on, the water just flows! Hahaha… lousy analogy… but, ya… concept is almost the same… LOL!

Oh, we started to go to another restaurant to have our meal… previously, we kept patronizing “Dynasty” which is a Chinese restaurant and located in a hotel… this time, we went to another Chinese restaurant, “Mainland China”. Initially, we thought its going to be very costly… because the place is very well furnished! And, when we asked about the price, the waiter told us 199rupee including all taxes for their buffet! We were like… huh… quite expensive leh… then, we took a look at the menu before we decided to have the buffet… why? I saw one of the dish in the menu which states “Peking Duck”… I was like… waaa… got peking duck leh… then, I look at the price, I had a bigger “WOW”! its priced at 1000rupees!!! >_< that is like SGD40 lor… winner sia… then, we decided to move off to see whats on their buffet menu… to my surprise, its quite nice leh… the food is nice… the ambience is good… woohooo… found another nice restaurant to have lunch at… somemore, buffet… and, the variety is quite nice… heehee… luckily we went there to try lor… else, we will only be stucked at “Dynasty” throughout our stay… 

Another adventurous thing that happened was during Friday night, while heading home in the taxi, the taxi went outta petrol… we were like… stunned lor… stuck at a major junction… and, its raining and such… wah lao… what a day it was lor… but, I managed to take a picture of the junction while waiting for the “backup” vehicle our driver called… besides taking picture, I also realize that the people here like to urinate anywhere at anytime… even while its raining, they will either stop their vehicle or bicycle to come down and urinate at the walls… even if it is in a major junction… they will just urine one lor… this kinda sight can NEVER be seen in Singapore liao lor… its like we were there for about 30mins, I saw 4-5 of them doing it at different times lor… win liao! Wanted to take a pic of them urinating… but, decided not to as it is quite rude to do so… LOL… :D

*paused*

Ok… just got back from a trip to the bank… Saiful needed to go draw money as his “supply” is low… in order to accommodate to the bank’s timing, we had to wake up early to visit the place… the distance between the bank and our apartment is slightly more than 1.5km… we only managed to arrive at the bank after abt 20mins walk… its like from Plaza Singapura to Orchard MRT Station distance… I think… Anyway, when we reached the bank, we were stopped by the security guard… he thought we are some poor people as we were all wearing shirts and bermudas… he only realize that we are customers of the bank when Saiful took out the draft cheque… aiyah… like that also cannot see how different we are… especially when Yonghon and I are there… skin color difference so much liao… hahaha… (no offence at all…) ok… back to the main purpose… when we went to the counter staff requesting to draft the money out, the staff actually told us we can’t… quite ridiculous lor… its like… she was saying that we needed some manager’s signature… and stuffs… wah laoz… draft so troublesome meh? Must go through so many approvals… then, we deem that the lady couldn’t help us… so, she got her colleague to help instead… hoping a change of situation for our case, we ended up having the same answer as we had… “No, you can’t draw any money from this…” damn!

Alright… gonna spend my weekend at home… lazy to move out… besides that, I dun like the language barrier here… feeling quite irritated… but, looking forward to the night when I can go online and chat with (hmmm…) ;)

Ever since I landed here, I really lost my command in my language… hmmm… wonder why… sighz… hope you all understand my this blog entry… 

Take care… for those who really need to…

No comments: